This recipe is super delicious, super healthy and super simple to make. A little prep work is necessary but so worth it in the end! We ended up serving it on rice cakes but you can serve this on Romaine lettuce cups, a rice wrap or pita or even add it as a layer on a pizza. Everything in this recipe is from one-ingredient foods, including the rice cakes. We get the Lundberg brand in plain with the only ingredient being, whole brown rice.
In this video we also included harvesting a few vegetables for juicing. This has always been my dream, to eat and drink straight from my own garden. I don’t yield enough to do this year ’round yet but hopefully one day, we’ll be able to achieve this. We also don’t live in a tropical climate so lemons and limes will always have to come from the store but I’m grateful for what we are able to grow ourselves and that I’ve been able to pass this life-long sustainable endeavor on to my children. And my hope is that one day, they pass it on to theirs. ❤️
Salmon & Avocado Salad Recipe
- Print this
- 4 wild-caught salmon
- 8 avocado
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 head of celery
- 10 boiled eggs
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2
- Scoop out avocados from peels, put in a large mixing bowl and smash with a fork.
- Step 3
- Remove packaging from salmon, place in casserole dishes and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Step 4
- Squeeze lemons and stir in with avocados in mixing bowl.
- Step 5
- Wash and cut celery and then stir in mixing bowl.
- Step 6
- Cut up hard boiled eggs and stir in the mixing bowl.
- Step 7
- Remove salmon from oven, let cool and stir in mixing bowl.
- Step 8
- Stir in spice to taste and serve.